Our mission is to provide and create information resources that support the University's role as a place of education and scholarly inquiry.
- In an increasingly diverse and complex environment, our staff
works to manage wisely and fulfill the critical information roles of
access, stewardship, mentoring, and resource creation.
- We provide access through purchase, licensing, and resource sharing.
- We provide stewardship through the planned description, housing and preservation of resources.
- We provide mentoring by assuring that our users have the skills they need to find, evaluate and use information.
- We create information resources through our Press and our publishing and digitization programs.
Each unit in Libraries and Cultural Resources plays a unique part in
supporting our mission. However, we gain added strength by sharing our
knowledge and expertise with each other to create innovative
facilities, resources, and services for our community.
Like the University as a whole, Libraries and Cultural Resources seeks
to collaborate with other institutions of higher learning and to
support the citizens of Alberta. We do this by looking for
opportunities to increase access to information and by preserving
critical resources for future generations.